Pages

7.16.2010

Screwed yet again, this time by Welington Windows

About five years ago, my wife and I replaced each and every window in our home. The number totaled 23 windows including 2 large picture windows to the tune of $21,000 and change. For us (as it would be for anyone) was a large investment, but worth it because it would increase the value of our home. We were very pleased with the quality of the product and installation. I can’t say enough about the installers, they were clean, polite and efficient. I recommended Wellington to all my friends and family. Having said all that, I find I cannot, and will not, recommended your windows any more unless your customer service policies are changed.


Some of my windows will not stay up when I open them, they slide back down and need to be tightened up. There is a mechanical device on the sides of the windows that needs to be tightened periodically, and there is also a tool to tighten them with. Newer Wellington windows have a different mechanism which tells me that my windows have a design defect.

This morning I called the local Wellington representative to have someone come out and tighten up the windows, and was told there would be a $65 trip charge to come out and tighten them up. I asked the man I spoke to if I could purchase the tool required to fix them. He told me that if I did it myself it would void my warranty. This is lousy customer service, $21,000 and change, and you are going to nickel and dime me every year or two to fix your design defect? I wonder if I would receive the same service had I chosen Pella, Marvin, or any other quality replacement window company? Maybe I should have gone to them for my windows. I went to you folks because I thought you were a cut above the rest, maybe I was wrong.

2 comments:

epicshooter said...

Thanks for the tip- I need about that many windows and one day I will buy some. Unless this company fixes bad policy they just lost 20+k worth of new sales. Anderson or Pella here I come.

purejoy said...

we just had our windows done. it was a big job, and not a small chunk of change. i'd be pretty upset, too.