Pages

3.11.2010

...I'm Baaaaaaack

Well, here I am again. I knew, I know, you didn't even know I was gone. Well, some of you knew I was gone because I was visiting you.




The Wifester and I took a long weekend, we left Thursday, and sadly returned home on Monday night. So, you might ask “Bobaloo where did you go?” Well it just so happens that we went to see some life long friends in Gettysburg.



The weekend started with a fantastic flight on S0uthwest Airlines from Milwaukee to BWI in Baltimore. Well, as long as we were there we went to dinner at the Olive Groove (not to be confused with the Olive Garden for youse guys in Rio Lindo). Since This particular eatery is rated Numero Uno for it’s crab cakes, we just had to have them. Twenty bucks buys you two crab cakes that are each the size of a “C” Cup, I kid you not. Take a look below.



This is my friend Danny, next to my wife Kim, he’s my bestest friend in the whole wide world. We figured it out the other day, we’ve been friends for 51 years. Think about that over a half a century.



Dan and his wife live in Gettysburg, so it’s always fun to go to the battlefield and look for dead people. We didn't find any dead people, but we did find some stupid people. It seems the world is full of them, they’re all around us so look out for them…it rubs off. We took a trip to Ashburn Virginia (not to be confused with Ashburn Vagina for those of you in Rio Lindo). We visited Dan’s son and his family as we do every trip there and had a great time. Before stopping at Eric’s (not his real name) we stopped at Wegman’s supermarket. Have any of you ever been in one? it takes up 3 zip codes, it monstrous!!



We also stopped at a place named Cheesburger, Cheesburger. Holy Cow, never saw a hamburger that big except for on the Man vs..... food TV show on the travel channel. you can add about a dozen types of cheeses, and 27 different toppings. they have about 50 different flavors of shakes and malts. WOW, what a place, check it out cheeburger cheeburger.



Well, we spent the weekend playing Dominos, cards, eating and drinking. we also went to see a band named “The Hub Caps”. Talk about fantastic!!! Now I know this doesn't seem like a very exciting time, but Dan is 64, and I turn 64 this coming Saturday (the 13th). we’re old farts.



Well folks, my fingers are getting tired and they need a nap so i’ otta here. Remember “today is a day like any other day, except YOU were there”. well maybe not, I don’t know

3 comments:

TheLab said...

That was my Ashburn, VA Wegmans. OK, well, to be honest, I can't afford to shop there, but it's the one I wish I could shop at, and pass it on my commute every single day.

RT 15 in Gettysburg to Leesburg, then RT 7 Ashburn, eh? Roads I know well!

Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Bobaloo said...

I'm the one on the left

Bobaloo said...

didnt you see me wave when I went past?