Pages

1.22.2010

A Few Thoughts on Marriage

Having been married twice, I find the second time is the absolute best.  The first time was a disaster.

The only good to come from the first one is my two daughters. 

What I have gotten from the second one is pure delight!  I am married to the best woman in the world, Kim, A.K.A.  Kimmycakes, Babykakes, Honeypie, etc., etc, etc.

Today marks 27 years we’ve been married.  I have never been happier than I am today.  Sure there have been a couple of rough patches (totally my fault), but we are on an even keel and never been happier with each other.

Lou Gehrig once said he was the luckiest man in the world, not true.  I AM the luckiest man in the world.  I am blessed to have the best woman a man could ask for.  She spoils me rotten.  She is  Lover, Confidante, Best Friend, Soul Mate, you name it, she fits the bill.  I am also blessed to have wonderful friends, some that I have known for close to 50 years and will last a life time.  I am also blessed to be friends with their children.

Hopefully this old body will last another 27 years so I can spend them with my Kimmy, she is the one and only love of my life!

1 comment:

purejoy said...

awwww. so sweet. 27 years. wow. that's awesome!! i happen to agree with you. she is a gem!!