Pages

2.17.2010

Ack, bad week

So, here I am sitting beside myself wondering what happened to my week.  I went to the doctor Monday and came home with Bronchitis, geeez, I hate it when that happens.  Anywaythe combination of Mucinex DM and DayQuil is a potent mixture, makes your eyes go haywire .

I got to sit home and relax until Thursday at which time I had to return to the salt mines.  Today however, I had to visit the Opthamologist for my yearly exam (only two years since the last, but that's close to a yearly).  Dilate the eyes, much better than recreational party goods (but dosent last as long).  Then it was off to my new Dentist for my most favorite thing in the whole wide world....a root canal.  The only thing that makes that platable is the Novocaine and the gas.  Needless to say this was quite a day.  The dentist actually asked me if I wanted the Novocaine.   My reply to this foolish question was Duh..... Y'think?!  This reminds me of another story from way back, and guesss what?  Time for another paragraph.

My Step father once called me a sissy for going to the dentist and having Novocain for having a tooth filled.  So, stupid me, when I went the next time, I declined the novocaine, just call me stupid.  Now remember this was back in the day when the dental drills were run on old slow motors connected to the drill head by pully cords.  those of you in my age range or those of you with a morbid imagination will know what  am talking about.  You cannot imagine how that hurt.  It reminds me of the torture scene in the movie "Marathon Man" where  the Nazi played by Sir Laurence Olivia was drilling out a hole in Dustin Hoffmans front tooth asking him "Is it safe"?  Shudder if you will I certainly did.  Never again did I let that happen.  I wonder if old Jerry went without Novacaine???  I doubt it.

Anyway, that was the week that was, and remember, "Today was a day like any other day, only you were there".                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

1 comment:

epicshooter said...

Never had a cavity- hope I never do. OUCH.