Pages

2.06.2010

Chains

ok, I was just informed by my sister that she has 3 dogs, here is the third. Scrappy looking thing don’t you think?




Yeah, I thought so too.



Anyway on to chains. I’m prompted to this posting y a friend of mine in Virginia who just posted on his blog this morning about eating at Ruby Tuesdays. Now I have eaten at one of those in Gettysburg, and while found the food to be acceptable, I positively, absolutely HATE eating at chains. the food is always the same, the decor is always the same, it has no character, yet we let them take over our landscape. Kim and I went out the other night to a place called The Red Mill Inn. It had Pot Roast on the menu for god sakes and it was darn good. give me a eatery that there’s only one of any day. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not criticizing anyone here, I am just offering my own personal taste. all chain restaurants should be outlawed and burned down (except Popeye’s Chicken). Brookfield has now been inundated with the worst possible chain on the planet, Hooters, oh the shame…

2 comments:

purejoy said...

i am trying not to take offense that you hate chains. it's only kept my family clothed and fed and colleged for the past 27 years…
and with our merger, maybe one day, we can darken the doorstep of brookfield and improve the arena with some REAL food.

but i'll have to agree. ruby's is nothing to write home about.

give me a pfchang's any day.

and y'all need cracker barrel. pot roast any day and it's fabulous!!

i'd say that you and kim probably are way better cooks than most restaurants are able to offer.

and now you have kick ass knives!

purejoy said...

ummm so i'm no blog designer. i have no idea what i'm doing. i took a stab at it.
feel free to critique. i can do anything… like make small changes to put it back the way it was to changing the background to starting over.

i have thick skin. you know, like i don't care that you depicted my darling (although annoying) dog skewered and ready for consumption.

or that you hate chains.

yep. i have thick skin.