Pages

2.01.2010

Today was a day like any other, but you were there

Yesterday and Saturday on the other hand was quite a different story.

I purely love to sleep in on the weekends, but Saturday was not to be. I was rudely awakened at 8:00AM by an 80 pound dog standing over me, and licking my face to wake me up. It seems my loving wife had sent one of her evil minions up to get me out of bed and even though I was wearing my Darth Vader CPAP mask he still recognized me, must have smelled my butt (poor guy). I tried to shoe the boy off because his “stuff” was getting uncomfortably close to my face. So was forced up out of a great dream to the reality of having to sit through a CUTCO (knives and things) Demonstration to be given at 10:00 by my cousin Lisa. It seems whenever one gets a job of this type, one attacks his/her relatives first. I tried to get out of doing this, one because we already have a full set of CUTCO cutlery, and two because I just don’t like doing those things. I told Lisa we were not going to buy anything and to leave her order pad at home. Undaunted she brought it anyway and managed to get Kim and I to spend $150.00 on stuff we really didn’t need. So much for swearing not to buy anything… I then found out that my sister (who shall remain unnamed) (but lives in Muskego) got the same demo we did and bought nothing. Hello…Lisa is family and we always help family.

We had rented some movies during the week, which included Inglorious Bastards (Blu ray), but to my dismay it wouldn’t play on my player. I took it back to Blockbuster and swapped it for another one. That didn’t play either, don’t know why, life is just stranger **** (you fill in the expletive). We went to see the new Mel Gibson movie “Edge of Darkness”, it was great. We went out for dinner (won't bother you with the details) (well, ok, since you asked). We went to a place that actually had Pot Roast on the menu. Very strange menu. After a little too much of Grey Goose, I was very rude to my loving wife to which I am heartily sorry.

Sunday was going to be a day of rest and cooking. We awoke to find Kim's car had a low tire and mine was almost flat. We called AAA but the guy couldn’t even get my tire off, so they just towed it. While Kim made this delicious Mexican dish, I par baked baby back ribs and made a killer Pot-o-Chili. We ended up watching Inglorious Bastards on PPV and the Pro Bowl. Geeze was a boring insignificant game.

Today I find out that I need a new rim because the “bead” was corroded. This to the tune of $340, used rim mind you. New would have been $500. It never quits….

Well, that was my weekend, how was yours?

3 comments:

purejoy said...

i guess your sister didn't buy anything because she doesn't have the extra resources to spend money. (two kids in college)
alot of times they (the cutco people) need a real live audience to practice on. at least that's what we have been told.

i'm sure if your tire had come before the cutco presentation, you would have been inclined to say no.

we've got our own cutco knives. . . but when another obscure person called (a former soccer player of alex's) i politely declined.

our sister probably should have done the same.

epicshooter said...

OK- to pay that much for a wheel is insane. Check out Craigslist or some other local ads to see if you can find one yourself. Or just get an aftermarket set or some such thing. What a waste to spend that much on a Chrysler spec wheel. How was Inglorious bastards? BTW- do Netflix instead of Blockbuster- they kick so much more ass. Wish you bought a PS3!!!!

greaser said...

I still can't find the "follow" button. It isn't ineptitude...Its because I'm a born LEADER, not a follower.